The best yoga mats are like a quality pair of shoes – they come in a wide variety of sizes, materials, colors, thickness, weights, styles, and textures and can last a lifetime! While there are plenty of yoga mat brands – I have been a Manduka yoga mat girl from day numero uno. When it comes to shoes, I am a red bottoms fanatic. Check my closets and you will see an abundance of both. My Manduka yoga mats (and shoes) each have a story to tell and the good thing is that they are guaranteed to last a lifetime. I’m here to help you choose the best yoga mat available. So, just as with my shoes, the only reason to buy more Manduka mats, is if I want a different style or color!
Category - Yoga Products & Reviews
Have you tried a yoga wheel yet? Is flexibility your goal for 2018? Mine too! I borrowed my teacher’s yoga wheel during my yoga teacher training and I absolutely fell in love with it. I don’t use it as much as I should but one of my yoga goals for 2018 is increased flexibility. Therefore, I aim to incorporate the use of a yoga wheel into my daily practice.
What is a yoga wheel?
A yoga wheel is a circular shaped yoga prop that assists with opening the front side of your body, supports in advanced yoga postures, and rolls out the spine. Basically – it’s the bomb-diggity.
What does a yoga wheel do?
- Opens the back, chest, shoulders, hip flexors and quadriceps
- Releases tension in muscles and relaxes tight muscles
- Improves the capacity of the lungs
- Builds core strength & back strength
- Improves flexibility & balance
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Assist with deep back bend asanas (Hanumanasana (monkey pose), Kapotasana (pigeon), Salamba Sarvangasana to Halasana (Supported shoulder to plow), Double Pincha Mayurasana (Double Forearm Balance), etc.)
It’s hard to believe that the holidays are around the corner. Here you’ll find the best yoga gifts for 2017, to help you find the perfect holiday gift for that special yogi. From one yogi to another, I’ve put together the ultimate holiday yoga gift guide. where I’m sure you will find something or two for the yoga lover you know. From yoga-themed jewelry, unique yoga gifts to much-needed yoga accessories — I’ve covered just about everything your favorite yogi could om for!
My experience with YogaJellies
I’m a bonafide yoga addict and my addiction has only grown since I completed my 200hr yoga teacher training in Thailand. My course was absolutely amazing but intense. We practiced at least 90 minutes per day, six days per week. As the course wound down, we had afternoon practice teach sessions where we alternated student-teacher. Cue the ineffective modifications – fist planks, dolphin down dogs — anything to beat the cumulative aggravation on the wrists. I had ordered YogaJellies before my training but as I live in a country where Amazon does not deliver (gasp), my YogaJellies arrived right after I left. The upside to this story is that they were here when I returned! I used them for my down dogs, tabletop — any pose that required me to bear weight on my hands and wrists in the first weeks after my yoga teacher training. Now my wrists have recovered, but I still use YogaJellies to pad my knees in camel and for handstand practice. I am pleased with my purchase thus far and look forward to finding more ways to integrate YogaJellies into my daily practice.
I’m still coming to grips with getting enough leafy greens in my diet but I am here to recruit you to my cause to eat more! You might not know all of the good things that greens can do for you, so read on. Super green foods come from young cereal grasses like wheat, barley, rye, alfalfa, oats, kelp, chlorella and many others as well. These have a whole lot of nutrients in them; they even have more nutrients than spinach, eggs, broccoli, chicken in calcium, iron, protein and all of the other categories as well. So it would be better for you to opt for super greens.
- Super greens have chlorophyll, a substance found in all plants. This substance acts as a blood detoxifier, helping to increase circulation to all your organs. It also works to reduce body odor by absorbing odor-causing compounds, naturally removing them through bowel movements. I like to refer to dark greens as nature’s body mint!
- Super greens are the only vegetables that can help animals maintain their weight, strength and good health even if it is consumed alone?
- Super greens are filled with phytochemicals — which are naturally occurring in plants that are thought to possess disease-fighting properties and play a potentially important role in fighting cancer and heart disease. Recent research demonstrates that they stimulate enzymes that breakdown carcinogens into harmless substances, and appear to be particularly protective against stomach and intestinal cancers.
If you still aren’t convinced to load up your plate with more greens it is easy to get your daily dose in a powder form.
We tend to “super-size” everything, especially food—often to the harm of our health. But supergreens —those that are nutrient dense —actually are super because they help nourish the brain, bones, muscles, skin, hair, nails, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, reproductive system, pancreas, and immune system! With continued use superfoods can correct imbalances and make it easier to adopt a more natural diet.
I’ve been married for a little over a year now, because we live in Africa and our families are in North America, we had to do quite a lot of travel to make the rounds! In the past month, we’ve travelled to Dallas, Norfolk, Hamilton, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, London, Sitges, Spain ~ Phew! Did I miss a place?
Needless to say, at the end of our journey I was sick and tired. I recently ran across Organic Supergreens powder on Instagram and I was invited to be in the #organisourcearmy. For those of you who know me well, know that I am SUPER picky. So, I used this product for about 2 weeks BEFORE I dared post anything online.
I’m a scientist by nature and by training, so of course I had to do a wee bit of research about the product that I was asked to promote — before recommending to my online family. I also encourage you to do a little research for yourself and compare the produce with other super greens powders on the market.
Five reasons I like the Organic Supergreens powder by Organisource
- It tastes GOOD. It’s sweetened with stevia so it can be easily mixed in protein shakes and smoothies boosting your drink to one that is healthy-gut promoting, metabolism supporting and detoxifying with very little effort. For me, the taste is just as important as the health benefits. I have a very healthy gag reflex so if a food or drink is gross…well, you get the picture.